The Senior IBMi Software Engineer will work on projects related to the creation, modification and support of Engineering/PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) Applications. At client, the PLM applications use Infor-XA/MAPICS, along with IBMi customization.
The Senior Software Engineer will develop quality software solutions, perform system testing and code reviews. This individual will significantly contribute to the technical excellence roadmap. The Senior Software Engineer must demonstrate passion for strengthening and enhancing business results through software solutions.
- Systems Design, Validation, and Implementation
- Support the Product Lifecycle Management’s functionalities in Infor XA and other custom applications.
- Support testing activities and provide guidance on configuration and coding when needed.
- Write test scenarios, perform system testing and support user acceptance testing.
- Collaborate with other software engineers and product owners to get the design reviewed.
- Support creation of acceptance criteria, perform system testing and lead user acceptance testing cycles
- Perform code reviews
- Provide primary support of client’s’ code management system.
- Execute implementation tasks and ensure successful go-live
- Ensures compliance with SOX
- Ensure development of knowledge management artifacts.
System and User Support:
- Provides day-to-day application support to business users
- Troubleshoots production problems and works to fix issues
- Understands technology and systems infrastructure
- Document and trains users on system processes and changes
- Performs other duties as assigned that support overall objective of the position
- Value and embrace teamwork and collaboration and be responsible for successful completion of tasks
- Executes to the technical vision for respective area.
- Champions technical innovations and leads peers through adoption and use.
- Support in creation of roadmap for strategy, processes, information, and information technology assets to ensure that technologies and business objectives are in alignment
- Supports training for employees through working relationships, sharing knowledge and building networks across the company. Coaches and mentors teammates.
- Provides technical leadership to new business pursuits, within product, through creation and delivery of product briefings and generating and reviewing proposals
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Software Design, Computer Information Systems or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience developing solutions in the iSeries platform for Custom applications and Infor XA/MAPICS – ERP systems is required
- Ability to test, diagnose and fix Infor-XA, customization/enhancement issues
- Successful leadership experience of technical staff (direct or indirect), with the ability to lead a team and mentor other technical staff
- Strong knowledge in DB2 SQL and queries, Tables, indexes and more.
- Hands on experience in XML and JSON is preferred.
- Knowledge in change management tools like Aldon or MDCMS is preferred.
- Experience in tools like Powerlink, system link is required.
- Strong understanding of internal and external technical concepts and best practices- ability to connect dots and drive best practice
- Proven experience in driving technical innovation- methodology, tools, software
- Experience in building technical strategy within technology stack- optimizing performance and adoption
- Thrives in a fast-paced, global environment with multiple project assignments
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Possesses strong organizational skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experienced with Infor XA products like ION, etc.
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management strongly preferred, specifically Bills of Material
- Understanding of Azure PUB/SUB interface
- Functional knowledge of engineering concepts and principles
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org