The Client Database Admin team works closely with key Infrastructure and Application Delivery team members to support and administer the database environment. A successful candidate will have experience supporting day-to-day operations of the Microsoft SQL stack in an enterprise environment.
- Monitor database performance and health in on-premise and cloud environments
- Respond to system-generated alerts for failed database jobs and deployments.
- Peer review database scripts for industry best practices and clients’ standards
- Perform database backups & restores as requested.
- Resolve user-submitted requests for access, deployment, and troubleshooting assistance.
- Provision and configure databases by established enterprise standards.
Education and Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent required.
- 3-6 years of experience in Database Administration in an enterprise environment
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Experience maintaining and configuring Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and higher
- Experience with Microsoft SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS technologies
- Familiarity with common database performance metrics & tuning practices
- Ability to troubleshoot failed SSIS packages in partnership with development teams.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with little supervision and complete tasks promptly.
Preferred Skills & Knowledge:
- Experience working with ServiceNow for Incident and Change management.
- Experience with code deployment
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps, Visual Studio Build master, and GitHub
- Experience working with cloud database technologies – including Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Paas Databases, Azure Managed Instances or equivalent.
- Experience working with the Rubrik backup solution for databases.
- Familiarity with solutions such as Always On and Log Shipping
- Strong scripting and automation skills
- Experience maintaining and configuring PostgreSQL 12 and higher.
- Office and production (factory) environment.
- Infrequent travel will be required.
- Participation in a global on-call rotation
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com