We are looking for an Oracle VM Engineer, who will be responsible for managing and maintaining the Oracle VM infrastructure within an organization. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to design, implement, and support virtualization solutions using Oracle VM technology. Your primary focus will be on ensuring the stability, performance, and availability of virtualized environments.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) or 4+ years of professional experience.
- 3+ years of experience in OVM/Xen server-based virtualization technologies in a diverse operating environment.
- Availability to consult, assist and/or perform after-hours support and participate in on-call rotations.
- OVM 3.0 Certified Implementation Specialist Certification or Linux/Unix Certification (LFCS, CompTIA+, RHCE, etc.) preferred.
- ITIL V3 foundation certification preferred.
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Advanced analytical, statistical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong commitment to customer satisfaction and quality.
- Results and execution-oriented, self-motivated requiring minimal supervision.
- Advanced communication skills regarding project teams and management.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications.
- Be an escalation point for issues and requests that cannot be serviced by other groups, working issue to resolution, improving upon process, procedure, and knowledge to reduce future escalations.
- Be a member of project teams in the planning and delivery of activities to support on-time and on-budget completion.
- Conduct technical peer reviews of change plans and activities; providing recommendations, guidance, and authorization as appropriate.
- Continually develop and enhance technical operating procedures and documentation to improve upon the efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Continuously identify and own problems and/or opportunities for improvement; working toward developing and deploying temporary and permanent fixes.
- Periodically construct and facilitate training with other groups in support of increasing capabilities, efficiencies, and effectiveness.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com