The IT Software Asset Management Analyst ensures the efficient and compliant management of software assets within the organization. This role involves maintaining an
accurate inventory of software licenses, monitoring software usage, and implementing best practices for software asset management. The analyst collaborates with various teams to optimize software license utilization, mitigate risks, and support strategic decision-making related to software procurement.
Software Inventory Management:
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all software licenses, including details on license agreements, renewal dates, and usage metrics.
- Conduct regular audits to verify the accuracy of the software inventory and reconcile any discrepancies.
- Monitor software usage to ensure compliance with license agreements and regulatory requirements.
- Identify and address any instances of license overuse or underuse, working to optimize license utilization.
Reporting and Analysis:
- Generate regular reports on software asset status, license compliance, and usage trends.
- Analyze data to provide insights and recommendations for optimizing software procurement and reducing costs.
- Collaborate with software vendors to negotiate license agreements, and renewals, and resolve any licensing issues.
- Stay informed about software licensing models and industry trends to make informed recommendations.
- Utilize and integrate ServiceNow for effective software asset management processes.
- Leverage ServiceNow capabilities to enhance automation, reporting, and collaboration within the ITSM framework.
Policy Development and Implementation:
- Develop and implement software asset management policies and procedures.
- Educate employees on compliance requirements and best practices for software usage.
- Identify and mitigate risks associated with software asset management, such as non-compliance penalties and security vulnerabilities.
- Work with IT security teams to ensure software compliance aligns with cybersecurity protocols.
Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
Experience in IT, with a focus on software asset management and hands-on experience using ServiceNow for ITSM processes.
Strong knowledge of software licensing models and compliance requirements.
Proficient in using software asset management tools, with expertise in ServiceNow.
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Effective communication and collaboration skills.
Optional: Certification in IT Asset Management (e.g., IAITAM Certification).
- Attention to Detail:
Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Ability to adapt to changes in software licensing models, organizational needs, and industry trends.Preferred Qualifications
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org